Goetemann Artist Residency (GAR)
The Goetemann Artist Residency fosters innovation and courageous artistic experimentation
within a nurturing community that supports cultural tolerance and the exchange of new ideas.
2017 Residency Program Schedule
The Goetemann Residency Programs run May through October each year. Dates for the 2017 Residency Program are as follows:
- May 1-27 Gloucester Artist Invitational Artist Residency
- June 4-30 First Goetemann Artist Resident
- July 2-29 Artist Fellowship in collaboration with the Ocean Alliance
- August 13-19 Distinguished Artist Teacher: Talk at the Cape Ann Museum on the 13th, followed by a three day workshop
- September 3-30 Second Goetemann Artist Resident
- October 1-31 Third Goetemann Artist Resident
For further information:
- Questions and/or more information about the residency: Residency@rockyneckartcolony.org
- Questions about online submission: Director@rockyneckartcolony.org
- Information about each former DA/T and Resident can be located on the website under the year of their residency. For more information, contact the Director of the Residency Programs, Residency@rockyneckartcolony.org.
- Additional information about the Goetemann Artist Residency Program, and Artist Residencies in general, may be found on the Alliance of Artist Communities website: http://www.artistcommunities.org/
Past funding for the Rocky Neck Art Colony Residency Program was given in part from the Society for the Encouragement of the Arts and made possible by The Massachusetts Cultural Council’s John and Abigail Adams Arts Program.