See past program residents:
2014 Residency Program
2013 Residency Program
2012 Residency Program
2011 Residency Program
2010 Residency Program
2009 Residency Program
2008 Residency Program
2007 Residency Program
2006 Residency Program
2005 Residency Program
Goetemann Artist Residency Program
Goetemann Artist Residency at the Rocky Neck Art Colony
The Goetemann Residency of the Rocky Neck Art Colony, Gloucester, Massachusetts, is currently accepting applications for our tenth year. We are seeking visual artists of exceptional talent to fill three one-month residencies between May 15th and October 31st. The criteria are artistic excellence and a willingness to engage with our community. Accepted applicants will stay in a non-smoking live/work space on the harbor front on Rocky Neck in the center of the art colony.
Exchange of Ideas/ Artistic Growth
Our mission is to provide educational and professional enrichment to our artists and to the community; we encourage the exchange of ideas. This includes:
- An introductory meeting, during the first week, where the resident artists introduce themselves to our community and describe their artistic journey with a slide talk or examples of original work.
- Three open studio hours per week.
- An informal discussion at the end of the month in the residency studio. This is a time to learn about the artist’s process and to examine and explore artistic ideas.
Guidelines for Submission:
- A one-page statement, including your artist statement and a description of what you hope to accomplish at the residency.
- Ten images of work 72 DPI 1280 pixels longest side or greater completed within the last three years. A place for the image number, title, medium, size, date completed will appear when you upload an image.
- An up-to-date resume or CV outlining your artistic education, accomplishments, awards, etc.
- Non-refundable application fee of $30 payable on line
- Applications MUST BE RECEIVED by March 1, 2015.
- Announcement of accepted residents will appear on the website on April 1st, 2015.
- Our lease does not allow overnight guests, spouses, children or pets.
Apply online here: 2015 Goetemann Artist Residency Application
For further information:
Questions and/or more information about the residency: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about online submission: Director@rockyneckartcolony.org
More information about residency programs, please see Member of the Alliance of Artists Communities: http://www.artistcommunities.org/
About the Rocky Neck Art Colony
The Rocky Neck Art Colony honors our heritage and traditions while being committed to the art of the present and the future. Our non-profit organization serves a mission to nurture excellence in the visual arts, and to provide educational and professional development opportunities to it members and the greater community. Long renowned for its light, Rocky Neck and surrounding East Gloucester has been a magnet for the most distinguished artists America has produced from Edward Hopper to Stuart Davis, Milton Avery, Nell Blaine and other artists presently working on Cape Ann. This physical setting continues to attract artists to a current thriving creative community.
Past funding for the Rocky Neck Art Colony Residency Program was in part from the Society for the Encouragement of the Arts made possible by The Massachusetts Cultural Council John and Abigail Adams Arts Program.