Accepting Applications for the following position:
Executive Director, Rocky Neck Art Colony, Inc. (RNAC)
Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for implementing the mission of the RNAC, Inc. – to nurture excellence in the arts and to celebrate the artistic culture of Rocky Neck.
This is the full-time exempt position, with weekends and occasional evenings as required.
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and marketing
- Develop timelines and resources needed to achieve the organizational goals
- Actively engage and energize RNAC volunteers, board members, committees, partnering organizations, and funders
- Supervise, train, and evaluate RNAC staff
- Supervise the management and maintenance of RNAC properties
- Provide leadership and coordination of program committee chairs and volunteers
- Develop and oversee RNAC’s programs and new initiatives to forward the mission of the organization.
- Expand revenue generating and fundraising activities, including building rentals, to support program operations
- In conjunction with the Development Committee, ensure the annual budgetary goals are met through grants, corporate donations, major gifts, events, membership, and other fundraising activities
- Oversee maintenance and expansion of the active membership
- Continually identify, develop, and maintain strategic partnerships
Communications and Marketing
- Working with paid and volunteer staff, assure the implementation of an effective marketing strategy that includes program press releases, web presence, social media, and direct mail.
- Ensure regular communication to the membership and Board of RNAC activities
The Executive Director will be thoroughly committed to RNAC’s mission and possess
- A demonstrated ability to lead, manage, motivate, train, and collaborate with staff and volunteers and other non-profits
- Strong oral and written communication skills to include public speaking and writing press releases
- Extensive experience with creating communications both internal and external
- Demonstrated fundraising and donor relations experience
- Strong budgeting and financial management skills
- Knowledge of computer systems, Salesforce, Quickbooks and social media
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
To apply send cover letter, resume and a list of three references to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until August 10, 2017.