“December in November—Giving the Gift of Art!”
The 2017 Annual Holiday Show
November 17- December 10, 2017
Rocky Neck Art Colony Members’ Art and Crafts Sale
6 Wonson Street, Gloucester, MA 01930
Call for Artists to current and new RNAC members
First Forty entries are guaranteed a space
Submissions are on-going. Deadline: Friday, Oct 26, 2017
Entry Fees: $20 non-refundable entry fee by credit card or a PayPal at time of online entry.
Participation Fee: All spaces are priced at $50 per single space, double spaces are $100.
Submissions: Online only, at https://client.smarterentry.com/RNAC
- If you encounter difficulties email “HELP” in subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
- NEW: Artists must include a brief bio and artist statement for a guest notebook. Statement should be no more than two pages, including images.
Requirements: Artists are required to sign-up for three (3) three-hour shifts working at the show.
- Sign-ups for shift work handled by SignupGenius; instructions by email after submission.
- All items for sale must be the creation of the exhibiting artist(s). No mass-produced items.
- Bring work for the setup on Thursday, November 16, 10 AM – 3 PM.
- De-installation is Sunday, December 10, 4:00 – 5:00 PM. Please remove promptly.
Requests Artists are asked to bring contributions to the refreshments table for the shifts they work.
- The closing reception is a “close-out sale” with additional surprises created by the selling artists. A raffle will be held and there will be potluck food and music.
PR and Social Media: Fees provide funding for a postcard, press releases and basic social media
- Artists are encouraged to make every effort to help publicize.
- Opening Reception: Friday, November 17, 5:00-8:00 PM
- Closing Reception: Sunday, December 10, 2:00-4:00 PM
- Show Hours: Fridays, 5:00-8:00 PM, Saturdays and Sundays, 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Images used in online submissions:
- Submit one JPEG image JPEG of work that you intend to exhibit.
- Sized no greater than 2 MB, with 1200 pixels as the max for the longer dimension.
- Each image must be labeled with: Last name, first initial, title/subject matter
- Problems: Email “HELP!” to email@example.com
- Images may be used as part of PR, with artist acknowledgement included.
Commissions: All work must be for sale. 25% commission on the sale of RNAC member work.
Great time to join the RNAC: Membership is $100. Go to http://rockyneckartcolony.org.
For More Information: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Rocky Neck Art Colony, a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization nurtures excellence in the arts through exhibitions, workshops, residencies and vibrant cultural events for its members and the public. Long renowned for its luminous light, this harbor and coastal location has been a magnet for some of the most revered realist paintings in American art and a catalyst for the progressive ideas of artists from Stuart Davis, Marsden Hartley, Milton Avery, and Nell Blaine, among many others. Today Rocky Neck continues to attract artists and art lovers to a thriving creative community. For up to date information visit rockyneckartcolony.org