CALL FOR ENTRIES from Rocky Neck Art Colony Members:
“ROCKY NECK NOW 2018” The Annual Spring Members Show
Exhibition Dates: Thursday, March 1 to Sunday, April 8
Opening Reception: Saturday, March 3, 2:00-5:00 PM
All RNAC members are invited and encouraged to submit work to this annual, non-juried event exclusively for members. Submit your best and most recent works—anything you’ve done, on any theme. All artists’ work will be accepted—representational or abstract—including two- and three-dimensional works in water media, oil, graphite, encaustic, mixed media, photography, original prints, jewelry, ceramics, sculpture, video, and non-traditional media of all kinds. “Rocky Neck Now 2018” will display work that reveals the awesome range of artistic expression created by current RNAC members.
The exciting Grand Opening reception on Saturday, March 3, 2018 celebrates not only the creative spirit of RNAC but also marks the reveal of the 2018 renovation of the main gallery—with new acoustics, new lighting, and freshly painted walls and ceiling. Submit your application immediately, spread the word and invite your friends and followers to attend all the events! Let’s make this the best members show ever!
- Both floors of the Cultural Center will be used with room for approximately 50 artists submitting wall art and for 10
artists’ works on pedestals or free standing.
- The first 30 artists to submit wall art will be guaranteed space for two small works, or one large work. (See additional details below.) After the first 30 artists have been accepted, one work from all additional artists will be accepted as space is available. Last year approximately 50 artists exhibited their work.
- A curating team made up of Exhibitions Committee members will make final choices if any questions arise. (As a RNAC member, you are most welcome to join the committee. Please send an email to email@example.com if you are interested in joining the Exhibitions Committee.)
- Participating artists are encouraged to participate in gallery sitting. You will be asked to sign up for sitting when you drop off your art on Feb 27.
ELIGIBILITY: RNAC members only. Artists must be members when entering. To join the Rocky Neck Art Colony, go to http://rockyneckartcolony.org/become-a-member
How to apply:
- Click here to download an inventory form and here for the gallery agreement form.
- Deliver a completed inventory form along with the signed Artists’ Agreement Form and a check in the amount of $20 made out to “RNACG”, with “RNNow2018” on the memo line. Mail or hand-deliver them to 6 Wonson St, Gloucester, MA, 01930. Mark your envelope “Attn: RNN 2018 Entry” If you drop off your application and the building in locked, please use the members mailbox at the bottom of the ramp only.
- Applications must be received no later than 5 PM, Monday, February 19, 2018.
- Artwork previously shown at any other Cape Ann venue will not be considered.
- Art must be original creations of the artist. (No reproductions.)
- Accepted work must be delivered in person, absolutely no shipping.
- Work must be gallery-wrapped or suitably framed and wired—with minimal slack—for hanging; saw-tooth or sandwich frames will not be accepted.
- To maintain a contemporary vibe throughout the exhibition, the use of gold frames is discouraged.
- The first 30 artists to submit wall art will be guaranteed space for two small works, or one large work (Max width, 48″). After the first 30 artists have been accepted, one work from all additional artists will be accepted as space is available.
- Each 2D artist may submit two small pieces of 2D wall art, or one piece if larger than 30” x 40”. (48” maximum width.) To increase your chance of having two pieces shown together, submit ether two horizontals or two verticals
rather than one of each. Make them a complimentary pair.
- Each 3D artist may submit two pieces (or collection of smaller pieces) which fit on one 16×16” pedestal, or one large free-standing work.
- Videos and non-traditional works are encouraged. Please contact the Exhibitions Committee to discuss size & setup limitations or exceptions to the rules. Email your proposal and/or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Every effort will be made to accommodate your work.
Entry Fee: $20 per artist will cover the costs of mounting this show.
Commission: There is a 25% commission on sales.
- Drop-off and Pick-up times:
- Drop-off: Tuesday, February 27, 10:00 AM – 12 Noon at, the Cultural Center at Rocky Neck, 6 Wonson Street, Gloucester, MA. At drop-off you will be expected to sign up for gallery sitting shifts.
- Pick-up work not installed, Thursday, March 1, 10:00 AM – 12 Noon. (If and only if you have work to be picked up, you will be notified by email on February 28.)
- Pick-up unsold work: Sunday April 8th, 4:00 – 6:00 PM
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
Special Events during the exhibition:
- Panel discussion featuring selected participating RNAC artists, Sunday, March 11 at 2:00 PM
- “Rising Spring”–poetry readings by Nadine Boughton, Mary Cole, and Patrick Doud, Sunday, March 25 at 3:00 PM
Great time to join the RNAC: Membership is $100. Go to http://rockyneckartcolony.org.
For More Information: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Rocky Neck Art Colony, a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization nurtures excellence in the arts through exhibitions, workshops, residencies and vibrant cultural events for its members and the public. Long renowned for its luminous light, this harbor and coastal location has been a magnet for some of the most revered realist paintings in American art and a catalyst for the progressive ideas of artists from Stuart Davis, Marsden Hartley, Milton Avery, and Nell Blaine, among many others. Today Rocky Neck continues to attract artists and art lovers to a thriving creative community. For up to date information visit rockyneckartcolony.org